This pattern design has been in the works for a month now and I finally finished it. I designed it for my friends blog mcjawn, which is a philly art and culture blog. Doing the pattern the way I did is hard because you really don't know what the end result will be 'til you are finished and able to tile it together. I think it might've gotten a little busy with the contrast, but I am happy with it overall, hopefully my friend likes it!
Below is the first part of the image which has to be split into four corners, with a separate image painted in the new negative space.
Here is the resulting design, which is supposed to smoothly tile on the corners.
The end result!