Wednesday, March 9, 2011

This Saturday: "Don't Wake Me Up"

My friend Avalon Clare, who I have known for a couple years now, is having a solo show at Sweet Jane Vintage on East Passyunk Avenue in South Philadelphia. Sweet Jane is a cute store that sells vintage shoes, clothes, and accessories that I drool over everytime I go in there. I think it's awesome that they are featuring art in their store. Their gallery space is located in the back of the store along two walls, near the fitting rooms.
Here are some of Avalon's pieces that I really like!



My favorites are the one's where she has illustrated horses. It's nice when artists are able to take their love of something, and turn it into a great piece of work. Her color palettes are nice and simple, which makes the subject matter even stronger.

No comments: